NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
By entering the REFER A FRIEND, GET CHEDDAR Contest (the “Contest”), you (or your parent or legal guardian on your behalf) agree to the following terms and conditions in these Official Rules (the “Rules”)
1. Timing. The Contest begins at 12:30PM Eastern Time (“ET”) on March 16, 2015 and ends at 12:00AM ET on April 12th, 2015 (the "Promotion Period"). Online and mail-in entries received prior to or after the Promotion Period are disqualified.
2. Eligibility. The Contest is only open to legal residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous states in the United States and the District of Columbia (excluding Puerto Rico, Alaska and Hawaii) who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at time of entry. Void where prohibited by law. Employees of The Lunch Read (“Sponsor”) and other prize suppliers, or their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising or promotion agencies, and household and family members (defined as parents, children, siblings, spouse, and life partners) of these entities are not eligible to enter or win. No purchase necessary to enter or win.
3. How to Enter. During the Promotion Period, you can enter the Contest online or by mail.
A potential Contest Winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential Contest Winner is the owner of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry and is otherwise eligible pursuant to these Rules. Limit one (Unlimited) entries per person and per e-mail address.
Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, garbled, illegible, undelivered, delayed or misdirected Contest entries, or for any error, human, technical or otherwise, which may occur in the processing of Contest entries. Proof of sending will not be deemed to be proof of receipt. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Any use of robotic, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods will void all such entries by such methods and are prohibited.
4. Selection of Potential Winner; Prize. Three (3) winners (the “Contest Winners”) will be determined by number of referrals to be conducted by Sponsor on or about April 15th, 2015, from among all eligible entries received. Sponsor's decisions as to all matters related to administration of the Contest and selection of winners are final. All potential winners must comply with all terms and conditions set forth in these Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential Contest Winners from the drawing will be notified by email on or about April 15th, 2015. If a potential Contest Winner cannot be contacted within 24 hours of notification, an alternate entrant will be selected in his or her place at random from all eligible entries received. To receive the prize, the potential Contest Winner must contact Sponsor within 24 hours. A potential Contest Winner who does not respond within such 24 hour period forfeits his or her prize and an alternate potential Contest Winner will be selected. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate potential Contest Winner. If three (3) alternate potential Contest Winners are selected without successfully securing an eligible winner, the prize may go unawarded. The Contest Winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and, where legally permissible, a Publicity Release within 7 days following the date of first attempted notification (or such other period determined by Sponsor). Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternative potential Contest Winner.
The Contest Winner will be awarded the following prize: 1st PLACE: $100 // 2nd PLACE: $50 // 3rd PLACE: $25.
The Prize is subject to the following additional material conditions and restrictions:
NO CASH OR OTHER SUBSTITUTIONS ARE PERMITTED, EXCEPT BY SPONSOR, WHO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SUBSTITUTE THE PRIZE WITH ONE OF EQUAL OR GREATER VALUE. [ALL PRODUCTS ARE SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY.]
All federal, state and local taxes related to the Prize are the sole responsibility of the Contest Winner. All other expenses and costs not expressly listed in the Prize description above are the Contest Winner’s sole responsibility. No refunds or credit for changes are allowed. No transfer of the Prize is permitted.
5. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. General Conditions. The Contest is governed by the laws of the United States and the State of New York, and participants in the Contest hereby consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of courts (state and federal) located in New York, New York for any causes or controversies arising out of the Contest. Each participant waives any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections to these courts. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where prohibited. Contest may only be entered in or from the United States and entries originating from any other jurisdiction are not eligible for entry.
Except where prohibited by law, the Contest Winner grants to Sponsor and its advertising agencies the right to use and publish their photos, proper names, likeness, voices, opinions, biographical information and state in any media to promote Sponsor and the Contest without additional compensation.
By entering, participants release and hold harmless Sponsor and their subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents (the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with the Contest or receipt, use and/or misuse of any prize.
The Contest Winner will indemnify the Released Parties against all claims, damages, liabilities, and expenses (including counsel fees and legal expenses) arising out of any breach of these terms.
Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest if fraud or any other factor impairs the integrity, administration or fairness of the Contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
If, in the Sponsor's opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to void any entries at issue (including disqualifying any individual who tampers with the entry process), and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, in whole or in part, at any time without notice. In the event of such cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes in a random drawing from all eligible entries received before the time of cancellation.
Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alternation of, entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or entry received by Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, any combination thereof, or otherwise, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in the Contest.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
The Lunch Read is the sole sponsor of the Contest.
8. Winners List and Copy of Rules. Contest results and copy of these Rules may be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: 2930 N. Commonwealth Ave #205, Chicago, IL 60657. Results will be available on or about April 15th, 2015. Requests for results must be received by April 12th, 2015.
/END OF OFFICIAL RULES/